Quote 'o the day
I actually got the opportunity to read while I was at the Plimouth H0use last month... something I usually wish I had more time to do. Remarkably (for me) I actually started and finished "The W4y of the P3aceful W4rrior" by Dan M1llman. The book had previously been recommended by a friend, back when the film adaptation was coming out earlier this year. It's an excellent read, especially for anyone in recovery, though its lessons are certainly not specific to that audience.
In any case, I wanted to remind myself of what I found to be the most profound passage in the book, so I've included it here:
Wake up! Wake up! Soon the person you believe you are will die - so now, wake up and be content with this knowledge: There is no need to search; achievement leads to nowhere. It makes no difference at all, so just be happy now! Love is the only reality of the world, because it is all One, you see. And the only laws are paradox, humor, and change. There is no problem, never was, and never will be. Release your struggle, let go of your mind, throw away your concerns, and relax into the world. No need to resist life; just do your best. Open your eyes and see that you are far more than you imagine. You are the world, you are the universe; you are yourself and everyone else, too! It's all the marvelous Play of God. Wake up, regain your humor. Don't worry, you are already free!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home